Dropping temperatures and harsh weather conditions can be a pain for getting around, but can also cost you a lot of money in energy bills.
By following a few simple steps, you can cut down on energy use and save money this winter.
- Purchase good blinds that help keep the cold out of your home from drafty windows.
- Replace your furnace filter once a month and regularly maintain the system to ensure that it is functioning properly
- Turn off all lights when leaving your home or going to sleep
- Unplug appliances not in use
- Adjust your thermostat to as low as comfortable. Turning down the thermostat about 10° when you sleep can save you around 10% a year on heating
- Turn down water heater temperature to the warm setting (120°F).
Taking extra steps to lower your energy consumption will help you save a tremendous amount of money throughout the winter. Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on energy savings tips and tricks.