Our History

Halwell Mutual Insurance Company’s roots go back to the Puslinch Mutual which was established in 1859, the first of three mutual companies, including The Eramosa Mutual, established in 1861, and Halton Union Farmers established in 1890 that eventually amalgamated to form Halwell Mutual Insurance Company in 1967.

Located in Guelph Ontario, Halwell has become known for excellence in providing Farm insurance, Residential insurance, Commercial property insurance and Automobile insurance in small towns and communities. Halwell is represented by network of professional independent brokers with more than 50 offices located throughout the Wellington, Halton, Dufferin, Brant, and Grey and Bruce counties.