Car accidents, no matter how big or small, can leave you feeling shaken. Knowing what to do immediately after an accident can help you to feel a little better and more prepared.
1) Move to a safe area if you can and try to remain calm
2) Stop your vehicle and make sure it is safe to get out before you do so
3) Make sure you and everyone else involved is okay; if anyone, including you, is injured, call 911
4) Call the police to the scene so they can write an incident report
5) Get the information you need including driver and passenger names, licence plate numbers, insurance information, makes and models of the vehicles, contact info for eyewitnesses, the location of the accident and name and badge number of responding officers
6) If your phone has a camera, take some pictures of the accident
7) Contact your insurance broker to begin filing your insurance claim
Contact your local insurance broker in Ontario to find out more about your car insurance.
Get the coverage you need from one of our licensed brokers.
© 2022 Copyright Halwell Mutual. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design by Adrian Martinez