Whether you’re going away to the cottage for the weekend or going on a two-week long vacation to Europe this summer, the last thing you want is to be worried about your home’s safety while you’re gone. Follow these steps to prepare your home so you can relax while you’re away!
• Organize to have some lawn work done while you’re away to make it look like you’re home
• Install motion sensors for outdoor lighting
• Consider putting your indoor lights on a timer; use a varied schedule so they’re not on at the same time every day
• Ask a neighbour to collect any mail or newspapers so they don’t build up
• Install a security system
• Don’t share your upcoming trip on social media – wait until you get back
Contact your local insurance broker for more information about protecting your home from theft.