Home Insurance

Homeowner, Condo Owner or Tenant, We Have You Covered

Homeowner Package is designed for owner occupied dwellings. This policy protects your dwelling, possessions and personal liability. Additional coverage for cottages, boats, outboard motors, jewelry and other valuables can be added for an additional cost.

Tenants Package, as its name implies, is designed for people who live in rented premises. The coverage is similar to that of the Homeowners’ package, with the exception that there is no coverage on the dwelling. It does however, contain tenant’s legal liability insurance (protection against your responsibility for fire, explosion and smoke damage to the premises you actually occupy, if you are negligent).

Condominium Package, is similar to a tenant’s package policy which covers furniture and other possessions. The package also provides improvements that the owner of the unit has made to the unit to a maximum limit; assessments payable by unit owners which are made necessary by a direct loss to the collectively-owned condominium property to a maximum limit, and assessments payable by unit owners for liability of the condominium corporation, not otherwise insured, subject to a maximum limit.

  • New home (less than 15 years old)
  • Multi-policy
  • Claims free
  • Loyalty
  • Mature (40+)
  • Gen Now (children of existing policyholders)
  • Mortgage free
  • Alarm

Halwell Dumfries Mutual Insurance Company's 1st Annual General Meeting takes place March 26th, 2024