Halwell Mutual Insurance Complaint Handling Protocol
Our goal as a policyholder-owned, pure mutual company is to treat all policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Time lines mentioned below are minimum standards.
- The “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” (as filed with FSRA) is Marg Torrance, President & CEO.
- To activate the company’s complaint handling process, a policyholder (s) must provide a description of his/her complaint to the company in writing.
- Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” or his/her alternate within five (5) days of being received at the company.
- The “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” will consult with appropriate staff representatives and send to the policyholder a letter outlining the company’s final position within thirty (30) days of the “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative”’s review of the letter of complaint.
- This Complaint Handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the policyholder against the company or where the policyholder has retained legal assistance in that regard.
- Complainants who have unresolved complaints or dissatisfied with the company’s final position can pursue the complaint further by contacting:
Financial Service Regulatory Authority of Ontario
Yonge Street, 16th Floor
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128