The summer is, unfortunately, coming to an end so that means it’s time to start thinking about closing up the cottage for the colder months. With fall just around the corner, it’s important to take the time to perform some preventative maintenance on your summer home before locking up for an Ontario winter.
When closing your cottage this fall make sure to:
- Turn off all water and drain all pipes
- Defrost refrigerator/freezer
- Turn off gas/hydro
- Shut off and disconnect all appliances
- Take valuable items home
- Remove all perishable items
- Inspect your roof for damage or potential for leaks
Inspecting your cottage and performing any necessary maintenance and repairs before closing up will save you headaches, time and money when spring arrives. Contact us to learn more about tips for closing your cottage this fall!