Automobile insurance in Ontario is compulsory!
When owning an automobile in the province of Ontario, by law, insurance is required. Certain coverages provided by an automobile insurance policy are necessary:
Compulsory Insurance coverage required is:
- Third-party liability, in the event you or the driver of your vehicle causes damage or injury to a third party;
- Uninsured automobile coverage provides coverage to you or your vehicle in the event the third party is uninsured;
- Statutory accident benefits provides basic income replacement and medical coverage no matter who is at fault. Optional Increased Accident Benefits can be purchased depending upon on your need;
- Direct Compensation – property damage provides physical damage coverage to your vehicle when a third party is responsible. A deductible is not charged unless one has been chosen to lower your premium.
Optional Physical Damage Coverage:
- Collision or Upset provides coverage when the automobile is involved in a collision with another object or it tips over;
- Comprehensive provides coverage other than those provided under collision or upset including falling or flying objects, vandalism and perils included under Specified Perils;
- Specified Perils include fire, theft, lightning, windstorm, hail, rising water, earthquake, etc;
- All Perils is a combination of collision or upset and comprehensive coverage. Theft of the vehicle by a member of your household or employee is provided by this coverage.
Halwell offers a number of discounts to make buying auto insurance just a little easier:
- Loyalty discounts after 3 and 7 years
- Multi-vehicle discount- two or more vehicles
- Multi-policy discount: two or more policies including: home, auto, commercial vehicle, and Commercial General Liability
- Graduated License discounts for young drivers
- Students away from home discount
- Short commuting distance discount
- Mature discount (40+)
- Gen Now discount (Children of existing policy holders are eligible)